Thursday 2 October 2008

Finnish sniffles

Due to multiple reasons, my 4 days in Helsinki include very few pictures.
Reason 1: It rained all today.
Reason 2: I saw a 3 hour play one night and a 2 hour one the following night, which took up a good portion of time and obviously didn't involve many (any) pictures since cameras aren't allowed in theaters.
Reason 3: I'm sick. Apparently, 47 people sharing rooms, food, drinks, buses, etc., is a recipe for illness. To my credit, it took 3 weeks for my body to decide it was going to give up the fight.
So here's what I came away with in the way of pics:

Helsinki has lots of water. (I'm a little low on energy and brain-stuff so that's the extent of this photo's commentary)
This is a church. On a hill. Made of brick. I spent a very long time trying to figure out how to get to it. Eventually I gave up and just took a picture of the outside. I bet the inside is pretty sweet too but I suppose I'll never know.
Yesterday we went to an island fortress. No one would pay attention or take a picture with me on the ferry.
They changed their minds.

There's the fortress. And some more water.

There were caves on the island. We only found a few of them. Also, it was cold. Helsinki is really far north and a cold wind likes to blow. So everyone finally got to pull out their fuzzy hats, jackets, and gloves, as you can see in this pic of Hanna and Allison
We discovered Fall. Instead of exploring the island and going to the museum, most of us spent a good hour taking photos and playing in the leaves.
P.S. No, i'm not in this picture. All the pictures with me in them were not on my camera. Besides, this was yesterday, when I was feeling the sickest, and I tried to avoid lots of pictures cuz I look a little drugged in all of them. Anyway, that's all for Helsinki. Lots of catching up on work, sleeping, and hanging out in coffee shops.
Tomorrow we fly to Berlin... can't wait!

No comments: